I think it’s great how Live Mesh only restarts your desktop and taskbar, instead of requiring a full system reboot.
Still no device updates, though. I keep waiting for Windows Mobile device support.
Still only available for Windows Vista 32 and 62 bit.
Effective July 2008 the Inventory Tool for Dell Updates file (SMS2003ITDU_ENU.exe) has been pulled due to an issue that was causing installations to fail. An updated version of the tool will be posted again as soon as it is available.
The Live Mesh team is pleased to announce the release of our next update, available later today. We are making Live Mesh available to more people and we've greatly streamlined the sign-up process. We've also made a number of general performance improvements.
- Raised the limit on the total number of customers we'll allow to access the Live Mesh Tech Preview.
- Expanded availability: you can sign up directly, with no waiting list, if your country/region is the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, or New Zealand.
- Removed the limit on the number of Live Mesh invitations you have. Invite new friends and family members to the Live Mesh Tech Preview.
- For our customers in countries/regions other than those above, we've greatly simplified the waiting list process. You no longer need to sign up through Microsoft Connect. You can sign in with your Windows Live ID on www.mesh.com, click Sign Up, and you'll automatically be notified once Live Mesh is available in your country/region.
- Improved the performance of peer-to-peer synchronization.
- General performance improvements.
I just visited Inquirer.net to read an article about Vista migrations, and was accosted on several levels.
First the page is peppered with Walmart ads. Secondly, the top Walmart banner starts up in expanded mode, covering the name of the web site.
If that’s not enough, 2 pop-ups are enacted, both with the following tab label:
…but, both with different URLs.
1st URL: http://simg.zedo.com/3interactive/tag/3interactive_inq7_400x450.html
2nd URL: http://c5.zedo.com/jsc/c5/ff2.html?n=305;c=47/1;s=43;d=19;w=400;h=450;t=III-INTERACTIVE
My favorite FTP app was updated today. If you’re using it you may want to upgrade, too.
SmartFTP Client v3.0.1021
We are pleased to announce that a new version is available for download.
Download or Upgrade
Version 3.0 Build 1021 (26. July 2008)
- Added favorites in history to shell context menu
- Transfer Queue: Added Process action to transfer queue item context menu
- Transfer Queue: Added more monitor options
- Small fix for resume logic when transfers were manually aborted.
- Drag and Drop from Windows Search results to Remote Browser.
Version 3.0 Build 1020 (13. July 2008)
- Visual Compare
- Auto Rename
- Added more on transfer queue complete events
- Set the time of files and folders (also known as touch).
- Significantly reduced idle cpu usage
- Drag and Drop problem on Windows Vista
Version 3.0 Build 1017 (16. June 2008)
- Improved performance for delete and move operations
- Open and View operations can directly be handled in the Remote Browser.
- Added Drag&Drop support from zip/rar folders to the server.
- New Source Preview Handler addon which can display a preview of source files (php, aspx, cpp, etc).
- SmartFTP is no longer free to use. Please see the license agreement for more details.
Detailed Change Log
This old issue has been revisited in the forums, and it looks like MhermanNMBE has come up with a solid solution.
Check it out…