If you’re upgrading to Windows 7 RC on your computer (instead of the recommended “start from scratch and migrate data and apps”) you may find that your Windows Mobile device will no longer connect after the upgrade. This was a reported problem during Windows 7 beta, but it looks like the issue still exists in the RC of Windows 7.
To fix the problem…
- Disconnect your device for your PC.
- From the Start Menu open the Control Panel.
- Select Hardware and Sound and then Device Manager.
- Connect your device to you PC. The associated driver will show up (appear before your eyes) under Network adapter.
- Right-click on the driver and select Uninstall.
- After the driver uninstalls, disconnect your device.
- After about 5 seconds, reconnect your device and WMDC will now recognize your device and the driver installation will be successful.