I saw this yesterday. This can happen (and is reported quite heavily) when a major update is performed on a Blackberry device. It was reported to me that the Internet browser had uninstalled. After a bit of research it was learned that the browser component still existed on the device, just that it was missing from the Apps screen.
To get the icon back do one (or both) of the following:
- Step one:
1. With the BB still powered "on", remove battery from the device
2. Leave the battery out for at least 30 seconds
3. Replace battery and let the device reboot
- Step two: (if step one did not solve issue)
1. From the device go to Options
2. Select Advanced Options
3. Select Host Routing Table
4. Select menu, then 'Register Now'