This blog post offers a troubleshooting guide for customers to diagnose some of the frequently encountered issues relating to client content download problems. It outlines the scenario, then takes you through how to track the various processes involved from when the client downloads policy to when the client installs the software.
Step 1: Tracking the Advertisement on the Client
- Step 2: Tracking the Content Location Request on the Client
- Step 3: Tracking the Content Location Response on the Management Point
- Step 4: Identifying the Client Boundary and How this Affects Content Location and Download
- Step 5: Tracking the Content Download
- Step 6: Troubleshooting BITS