Trend have announced that they are releasing a new engine v8.7 which addresses a number of improvements to overcome resource issues that occurred some time back as well as implementing new features. The new engine will automatically download and distribute to your sites from April 22nd onwards, so you don’t need to do anything about it. However, if you want to get in and download and test it yourselves before hand you can do so by going to http://www.trendmicro.com/download/engine.asp and grabbing it.
Here’s their info release on the subject.
Trend Micro has officially released their new engine (VSAPI 8.7) for Windows, Linux and SolarisSPARC Platforms. The primary benefit’s of this release are that it provides kernel memory optimization and it offloads the zoo pattern detection. This actually corrected the issue of Scan Engine 8.55 which disabled the “SystemMapView” option, to fix a conflict with Express Mail Server.
The engine is available now for download and manual update of supported products from http://www.trendmicro.com/download/engine.asp . The update is scheduled to appear on the Trend Micro ActiveUpdate servers on April 22nd meaning all products will receive the update automatically on update.
VSAPI 8.7 contains the following Features and Enhancement:
· RAR SFX, CHM, NSIS, ZIP SFX Decompression Algorithm Support
· Operator Support for Decompression Algorithm in Generic Un-packer
· Healing Mechanism
· Customized I/O Plug-in Interface Support
· Script Base Operator Enhancement
· RPF2 Section Unload Mechanism
· Kernel Memory Management Enhancement
· Unpack Module Vulnerability Fix
· AV Escalation Case
· SEG Merge Fixes From Last Version
· Klocwork Defect Case
· AV Service Escalation Fixes
Products Affected (for Windows, Linux, SolarisSparc )
· Trend Internet Security (TIS)
· Trend AntiVirus (TAV)
· CSM for SMB
· Trend Micro Control Manager (TMCM)