spiderwebwoman …

… step into my parlor

Windows Mobile 6.1 Update for the Sprint Mogul – where are you?

Filed under: Gadgets,HTC,HTC Mogul,Sprint,Windows Mobile — spiderwebwoman at 11:02 am on Saturday, July 19, 2008

I woke up this morning and read several blog posts, most notably at Just Another Mobile Monday and Gear Diary that HTC had released the WM 6.1 update for the Sprint HTC Mogul. I got all my other chores done and went to the HTC site to download the update – and it’s gone. Were they mistaken or has HTC already taken down the update?

11 Comments

155

PJShire

July 20, 2008 @ 7:42 am

As far as I can tell, the update was posted early, in preparation for offical release. They withdrew it once everyone noticed. It should be available tomorrow or Tuesday. I’m looking forward to updating my Mogul.

156

PJShire

July 21, 2008 @ 12:55 pm

The update is now available on HTC’s site: http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.aspx?p_id=75&act=sd

157

spider

July 21, 2008 @ 4:11 pm

Thanks, PJ – I’ll post back here after I’ve done the update.

158

PJShire

July 22, 2008 @ 2:22 pm

I installed the update w/o any issues. It didn’t take too long and some of the new options are very nice such as the Task Manager, better GPS and the EV-DO Rev. A connection speed. Otherwise there’s not much else to note. Not that I’m complaining but if you have a Mogul then Live Search and the HTC home add-on are much more satisfying upgrades. Matter of fact the I used the HHC (HTC Home Customizer app) then the “Diamond Home (HHC Pack).zip (linked here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=392998 ) to provide a much improved UI that approximates the upcoming HTC Diamond.

159

Eddie

July 23, 2008 @ 2:39 pm

Install is easy enough. The update includes a sprint TV add on(very cool) and telenav (also very cool) in case u did not have it before. The Rev-A ability makes this one of the fastest phones on the market. All around internet seems to faster as well. All in all a worth while update.

160

spider

July 25, 2008 @ 5:10 pm

My install did not go well. I have a black screen with the HTC smart mobility & logo on it and at the bottom it says “no radio” in red. And that’s it. It won’t power off. And a soft reset put it right back to the black screen.

161

spider

July 26, 2008 @ 8:09 am

All is well. Had to put the Mogul into bootloader mode and flashed it again – the second time was the charm. Thanks to Chris Rue for the save!

162

Bennett

July 28, 2008 @ 7:03 pm

Ever since i updated to 6.1 my power button wont turn my phone off

163

PJShire

August 5, 2008 @ 2:30 pm

So how’s 6.1 working for you? Mine has been rock solid all this time. I’m really pleased and I love the threaded SMS.

164

spider

August 5, 2008 @ 3:43 pm

It’s working great! I love the threaded messaging too – in fact, that’s why I did the upgrade. It also seems to manage or free up memory better – I haven’t had to reboot since I did the upgrade.

I haven’t tried the Sprint Radio or TV yet – have you?

165

PJShire

August 28, 2008 @ 9:40 am

No I haven’t been interested in trying Sprint Radio or TV yet. I have recently gotten into the SkyFire beta and recommend you try it. They posted an open backdoor to the beta here: http://www.mytodayscreen.com/watch-the-olympics-with-skyfire/ the offer closes Aug 30 so don’t delay.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.