spiderwebwoman …

… step into my parlor

HTC Mogul Upgraded to WM 6.1 "breaks" ActiveSync

Filed under: Gadgets,HTC,HTC Mogul,Sprint,Windows Mobile — spiderwebwoman at 5:00 pm on Monday, September 22, 2008

Since I got my HTC Mogul from Sprint last spring, I had been syncing with two PCs, one at home and one at work. Life was good – I was where I was supposed to be on time, and remembering everyone’s birthday and anniversary.

In July, I upgraded my Mogul to Windows mobile 6.1, using the Rom from the HTC web site.

The upgrade was a semi success – I managed to brick my phone but recovered nicely thanks to a lot of help from Chris Rue, a Microsoft MVP for Small Business Server: Systems Administration. Ever since then, however, I’ve had problems syncing to two PCs. I could sync to one or the other, but not both. I Googled and found some workarounds, but none of them were permanent solutions.

Last week, I posted to the ActiveSync forum at Windows Mobile Connection and found that I was not the only one having this problem. In fact, there’s also a thread on Connect about this: Allow synchronization with more than 1 pc with a WM 6.1 device

If you are also having this problem, it would be great if you could go to the thread on the Connect site and validate it. For now, I am syncing with only one PC, and and somewhat considering going back to Windows Mobile 6 until and unless the problem is resolved.

7 Comments

166

Ahmad

October 8, 2008 @ 12:02 pm

I have the same problem and it drives me crazy. Did you solve it ?

Regards,

167

spider

October 8, 2008 @ 4:03 pm

No. For now, I am only syncing with one PC, whcih is a real PITA. I am hoping that Microsoft will release an update for ActiveSync.

Have you been to the Connect Site and validated the issue? I think it would help.

168

spider

October 18, 2008 @ 2:04 pm

Looks like we may be getting some action on this problem. The Product Development Team is looking for your ActiveSync logs – see this thread at WindowsMobile Connection for more info: http://www.windowsmobiletraining.com/connection/forums/t/1708.aspx

169

Preben Nygaard

November 18, 2008 @ 5:59 am

I have the same problem

170

Chris York

November 18, 2008 @ 9:14 am

I have the samsung i760 with WM 6.1 syncing on 2 PC’s one running Office 2003 and the other Office 2007, both on XP SP3. It took deleting the profiles a few times on both machine before they started to sync correctly. Nice to know there are others with the same issue at first, but it is possible. A co-worker has his WM6.1 syncing to 2 PC and a Mac. I dare not even try it or see how/why he is doing it.

171

steve

November 20, 2008 @ 9:04 pm

I have been having this same problem also. I am running 6.1 on a Tilt.

This such an inconvenience, I have even considered reflashing back to 6.0

172

Mattias

November 21, 2008 @ 8:36 am

A workaround for this problem is to de-activate the syncing of calendar and contacts, then re-enabling them one at a time. Bad thing is you have to do this every time that you have synced with another computer…

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.